UCL postgrads – do you have an idea for a project or activity that will help you to connect your studies with people outside UCL?
If so, the Step Out programme is for you. UCL’s Public Engagement Unit has teamed up with the Volunteering Services Unit to provides grants of up to £750 for UCL students with good ideas that will engage the public. We’ll also provide training and support to help you turn your ideas into reality.
Possible projects supported include:
- Working with local people to put on an exhibition
- Organising historical walks with interest groups
- Helping people share their ideas and opinions on building developments in their area with London’s planners
- Training people to identify archaeological finds on their own back doorstep
- Enabling community groups to come up with design solutions for a range of issues
- Involving non-specialists in designing and carrying out research (e.g. citizen science)
- Sharing your research in a fun, accessible way
Note that we can only support UK–based projects.
To book a place or find out more, email Hilary Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Part of the Festival of Volunteering.