If you’ve a volunteering project idea that will benefit the London community, then you may be able to apply for up to £750 from the Volunteering Services Unit.
In addition, to any money you receive, you’ll also receive advice and support as part of our Student Led Projects.
Last year, some of the projects we supported included:
- A maths competition for primary school children
- Debating workshops for secondary school students
- A translation service for community organisations in London
- A befriending programme for refugees and asylum seekers
Successful applications will meet the following criteria:
- The project must meet the needs of a community, or a number of communities, within London.
- The project must be carried out in London.
- The project must involve UCL students in its delivery. The VSU can assist applicants with the recruitment of UCL volunteers.
- The project must represent good value for money.
How to Apply
- Read the guidance notes.
- Speak to a staff member at the VSU – we’ll be able to advise you about planning your project and whether it is eligible (contact details on the left hand side of this page)
- Fill in the application form and submit it to the VSU. Please send it electronically, as this will enable us to circulate it to the small grants panel more easily.
- You will be invited to present your project to the next Grants Panel meeting. This meets every two weeks in term time (you’ll find dates and deadlines in the guidance notes).
- You’ll be notified of the panel’s decision within two working days.