Can We Help You?
We offer our advice service for all UCLU members, and registered students of UCL. Our service is also available for
- prospective students who hold an offer for a UCL programme of study.
- recent graduates where there is an ongoing matter relating to their studies, for example a student complaint.
- students on interruption of studies with matters relating to their studies, for example returning to study, and support for study.
- We can advise UCL students who are also UCL staff on matters relating to their student status, however we will refer to UCU (or other union) or UCL HR for any matters relating to their role as a staff member.
We are a free, confidential and independent advice and support service. Our trained and experienced advice caseworkers can give you advice about:
Immigration - including applying for your Tier 4 visa
Academic - including examination irregularities and student complaints
Housing - including contract check and housemate disputes
Employment - including unpaid wages and part time employment contracts
- Many other legal and university matters
You can come to a drop in and speak to an adviser, or make an appointment to see us. We also give email advice.
Opening Times - pls note that no drop-in will take place on TUESDAY 18th August.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 10am - 4pm. We are closed for lunch every day between 1pm and 2pm and on Wednesdays.
DROP IN TIMES | You do not need to book an appointment to see an adviser at these times, however, as this service is popular and we can be busy we cannot guarantee that we will be able to see you immediately. Drop-in sessions are 30 minutes maximum, if your query will take longer than this you will be offered an appointment.
|MONDAY||2pm - 4pm|
|TUESDAY||11am - 1pm|
|THURSDAY||2pm - 4pm|
|FRIDAY||11am - 1pm|
APPOINTMENTS | For more complex cases, application or contract checking you can book an appointment. To book an appointment please contact us using our contact form
We can answer many enquiries over email, you can send us your enquiry using our contact form
Please note we may not be able to respond to your query immediately and it may take a few days to do so.
Where to find us
UCLU Rights & Advice Centre
First Floor, UCL Bloomsbury Building
15 Gordon Street
Complete our contact us form
020 7679 2998
You might also find the following information helpful: