Can We Help You?
We offer our advice service for all UCLU members, and registered students of UCL. Our service is also available for
- prospective students who hold an offer for a UCL programme of study.
- recent graduates where there is an ongoing matter relating to their studies, for example a student complaint.
- students on interruption of studies with matters relating to their studies, for example returning to study, and support for study.
- We can advise UCL students who are also UCL staff on matters relating to their student status, however we will refer to UCU (or other union) or UCL HR for any matters relating to their role as a staff member.
We are a free, confidential and independent advice and support service. Our trained and experienced advice caseworkers can give you advice about:
Immigration - including applying for your Tier 4 visa
Academic - including examination irregularities and student complaints
Housing - including contract check and housemate disputes
Employment - including unpaid wages and part time employment contracts
- Many other legal and university matters
You can come to a drop in and speak to an adviser, or make an appointment to see us. We also give email advice.
If you would like to have your TIER 4 visa application checked through our CHECK & SEND SERVICE (& you have no dependants making an application with you) you can book your own appointment online through our online booking system: uclu.org/visa-appointments
For any other type of appointment please contact us using our contact form , visit our offices or give us a call.
Where to find us
UCLU Rights & Advice Centre
First Floor, UCL Bloomsbury Building
15 Gordon Street
We can answer many enquiries over email, you can send us your enquiry using our contact form
Please note we may not be able to respond to your query immediately and it may take a few days to do so.
020 7679 2998
You might also find the following information helpful: