If you are an enrolled UCL student looking for part-time or vacation work then please read on…
How to use the UCLU JobShop service
Simply scroll through the jobs listed on the JobShop page and click on the links to find out more about those you are interested in. The most recently uploaded jobs will appear at the top. You will need your main UCL user ID and password to log in and read job vacancy details.
If you decide you would like to apply for a job, just follow the application instructions in the job details.
How to apply for a National Insurance Number
Once you have a new National Insurance Number please email it to JobShop along with your full name and date of birth.
Queries about pay
UCLU student staff with pay related queries should email firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the following:
- Your full name
- Where you have been working
- Full details of your query
Only emailed queries can be answered. Telephone queries or personal callers will not be dealt with. Responses will be made within 1 working day.
Change of Details
It is the responsibility of the employee to contact JobShop email@example.com as soon as any of their circumstances change that could affect their employment at UCLU. This includes any change to their student status, work restrictions, contact details, bank details and emergency contact details.
Your contract states the date your employment ends with UCLU. This is usually in September at the end of the academic year. If you wish to terminate your employment with UCLU before this date, you must inform your Line Manager.
If you would like to request your P45, you must email JobShop confirming your current postal address and that you are no longer expecting anymore payments from UCL.
As stated in your contract your payments will be paid monthly in arrears. This means you will be paid at the end of the month for hours you worked from the beginning to the end of the previous month.
Pay day is the last working day of every month.
Payslips will be sent to your contact address.
How much will I be paid?
- The hours you work and your rate of pay will be recorded on timesheets which will be checked and signed by your Line Manager and handed into UCLU Finance.
- Timesheets that are given into Finance will represent the hours you have worked and the hours you will be paid for that month.
- Copies of your timesheets are available from your Line Manager.
- Timesheets that are not given in to Finance or that have not been processed before the cut off dates of each month will not contribute to your payment at the end of the month.
- The cut off dates for every month should be made known to you by your Line Manager.