The Innovations Programme is the leadership scheme for UCL students who really want to make a difference.
We’re looking both for leaders for existing activities and for students with bright ideas for new community action projects.
Last year, we supported 72 student-run projects, including:
- An advertising agency for community groups and small charities.
- Workshops for primary school children on the criminal justice system.
- Child first aid workshops for new parents.
- Computer skills training for residents of a hostel for homeless people.
To find out more about some of our projects, click here.
- Read one of our ‘Getting Started’ guides available on the Project Leaders’ Resources page.
- Email Glen Pickard, phone 020 7679 4122, or pop in to our offices on the first floor of Lewis’s Building, 134-136 Gower Street (near Euston Square tube station).
- Alternatively just sign up one of our training sessions - details below.
Also, check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
We also provide training to help you get the most out of the experience of running your own project. This three and a half hour workshop covers The training will cover project planning, evaluation, building links with community organisations, recruiting & managing volunteers, and safe volunteering.
Will be announcing dates for 2014/15 in September - in the meantime, please email Glen Pickard to register your interest.
You can apply for up to £750 to run your project.
To find out more visit our Innovations Grant page.
What students say about The Innovations Programme
“I’d always had big volunteering dreams, but I never could have realised them without the support of the VSU. Thank you for helping me bring smiles to so many children and UCL volunteers and giving me the confidence to believe my dreams could become reality!”
Jess French, Roots & Shoots Project
“My planning and organization skills were greatly improved! I have also gained invaluable knowledge and patience on working with teenagers!”
Khafil Animashaun, Book Club
“Leading the Language Skills Pool Project allowed me to join my passion for languages with a wonderful opportunity to help local communities. It is definitely worth all the effort!”
Kasia Leszczynska, Language Skills Pool