Give it a Go is a popular, well recognised scheme which gives students the opportunity to try something new. It appeals to and attracts students who do not currently engage with UCLU Clubs and Societies. Therefore it gives you a new audience to publicise your club or society to - great if you’re worried about recruiting members. If there are events you would like to run that are open to non-members GIAG is a great platform on which to do that. Or if there is a one off event you want to run then why not do it through GIAG.
Any Club or Society can a run a Give it a Go event, you don’t need to recruit extra members, you can run a GIAG activity just so more people understand what you do and try it out.
Here’s a run through of the benefits:
- Publicity & Promotion
- Fresher’s publicity
- Engage new students
- Recruit new members
- Staff Support
- Reach a new audience
- Make a profit from your event
- Do something new & different
Most things are possible with Give it a Go; the more active and innovative, the better.
So, come up with an idea and either:
a) Talk it over with the Events Manager, Stuart Janes. This is useful if it’s something you’d like some guidance and advice on.
b) Or, if you know exactly what you to do and how, just complete the GIVE IT A GO PROPOSAL FORM (You’ll need to log in first!).
The Student Activities Officer, Activities and Development Manager and Activities Development Worker will assess which activities will take place. Events should fit into the overall objectives of Give it a Go; to provide innovative experiences for UCL students, encouraging cross cultural experience and promote active lifestyles. They should also be financially viable and should aim to break even.
You will then need to complete a Give it a Go Risk Assessment – this will be emailed to you.
We will then promote your event through the GIAG programme, the What’s On? guide, uclu.org, GIAG newsletter and Facebook. You are also encouraged to promote your event. Your tickets will then go on sale at uclu.org/shop.
Terms & Conditions
- No Clubs and Societies GIAG activity will be subsidised by Give it a Go.
- UCL Union reserve the right to cancel activities if they do not breakeven within an agreed amount of time.
- All profits will be split 50, 50 between the club or society and GIAG.
- All activities are to be for UCL students and not members of the club and society.
- Events should fit into the overall objectives of Give it a Go; to provide innovative experiences for UCL students, encouraging cross cultural experience and promote active lifestyles.
If you would like to talk through your proposed Give it a Go event or have any questions, please contact: