If you have a great idea for a new club or society, then you can apply for it to be affiliated to UCL Union. Affiliation to the Union provides a lot of great benefits, including:
- Funding(limited) and accounting/banking services
- Publicity and promotion services
- Access to rooms and facilities
- Support and advice from staff and officers
However, because we have limited resources not all applications are successful. We have a list of criteria which your application would have to meet if your proposed club or society was to be affiliated to the Union.
How do I request affiliation to UCLU?
- If you want to start a club or society, make sure there isn’t one already existing that does the same activities, or is based on the same idea – there’s no point in duplicating.
- Download an application form and notes from this page.
- Get a group of friends, or like minded people together, to sit down and discuss what the basic activities and functions of your club are going to be. Will you be going on trips, are you discussing something, are you training etc?
- You need to choose a committee; this comprises a President and Treasurer as a necessity, and you may want to think about a Social Secretary, a Captain, a Producer, Editor or Liaison. It all depends on what your club will be doing.
- Next you need to attract a minimum of 30 people to become members. At this stage, they don’t need to pay anything, but you will need to collect their names and contact information on the provided sheet in the application pack.
- Then you need to look carefully at the questions on the application pack, and fill in the answers as best you can.
- Remember, if you have any questions please visit the CSC reception, or contact email@example.com
Final Deadline for 12/13 academic year affiliations is 12 noon Monday 18 March 2013. After that date any submissions will be filed for review early in the 13/14 academic year